[game_preservation] Collecting non-game software

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Fri Aug 20 02:12:29 EDT 2010

On 04/08/2010 07:59 AM, Mike Melanson wrote:

> Not exactly on-topic, but I thought members might be able to give some

> leads.

> Sometime ago, I liberated a bunch of multimedia-related software

> packages (originating from many sources) from my company (itself a

> multimedia software company that was then purchased by a larger

> multimedia software company). I'm planning to photograph and write some

> blog posts about the software. But afterwards, does anyone have any idea

> where it should go? Does anyone collect general software vs.

> gaming/entertainment software, or know of a group that does?

I finally followed through with this (after 4 years):

http://multimedia.cx/eggs/museum-of-multimedia-software-part-1/
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/museum-of-multimedia-software-part-2/
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/museum-of-multimedia-software-part-3/
http://multimedia.cx/eggs/museum-of-multimedia-software-part-4/

So, are there any groups who would like to lay claim to this collection?
There are some interesting pieces, particularly the moviemaking software
that comes in a film tin.

--
-Mike Melanson