[game_preservation] Worst game ever made

Mark Guttenbrunner guttenbrunner at ifs.tuwien.ac.at
Sun Jan 17 12:06:16 EST 2010

> Jim will always defend this game's reputation to the bitter end, far

> more than even the creators will. :) However, due to my limited

> experience with the Atari generation of video games, I have to say

> that I can't see how E.T. could have possibly been so much worse than

> most games of that time.

It may not LOOK worse than other games of that time, but have you ever
tried PLAYING it ???
I meet with a bunch of guys every 2-3 month and we play a bit of retro
games on the original systems ... last time was the first time I tried
E.T. on the 2600 and I was really annoyed by the game after 2 minutes
and falling down the pits 100 times without even knowing why ...

Mark