[game_preservation] International Video Game Hall of Fame

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Jul 21 10:24:08 EDT 2010

Fair enough Martin, it was just a few comments on what I found was a bit
odd - usually a Hall of Fame opens with the most obvious entries, and
the Xbox to me wasn't one was all, being both too recent (especially in
comparison with many other entries) and much too generic to stand out.
The same about competitors - they just seemed to dominate it compared to
the creators, thus the comment - but you explained that point as being
the theme of this year, so fair enough.

Why is a few subjective comments about that really bad? I think it is
worth raising, since I hope it'll be a (subjectively) better list in the
future. I still wonder about the Xbox though - sorry for using fanboy,
but it does seem so out of place!

In any case, I am supportive - why would I post it otherwise? Looks
interesting even if I doubt I'll be able to travel there anytime soon,
and I hope it goes well. Coin-ops are by far the most expensive things
to collect and maintain too, it's not an easy job to do and many are
only available in private collections - hopefully more will be available
to the public.