[game_preservation] Turning Machine

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Sun Mar 28 23:30:37 EDT 2010

What if the machine could turn apples into gold? THEN you'd have a turning
machine :)

Turing apparently made the first chess program, but it coudln't be run
because there was no computer powerful enough at the time. He later assisted
Dietrich Prinz in his chess program. Turing tends to be a bit ignored in
computer history due to his sexual affiliations. He was incredibly
intelligent, and much of what we have based AI and computer philosophy on
can in some ways be connected to him. It's great to see new material on his
work!