[game_preservation] Fwd: Re: [GAMESNETWORK] Boss battle first ref

Sean Gugler gugler-sean at cs.yale.edu
Tue Oct 12 03:32:18 EDT 2010

I was a pre-teen when Phoenix was new, and don't recall the term "boss"
ever coming up. Nor even for Bowser in "Super Mario Bros." for NES
8-bit. The term "boss" I think has been retroactively applied to those
games, it was not contemporary with them. It feels like around 1986 or
1987 when I first heard the term used ... maybe in connection with the
arcade title "Double Dragon" but I couldn't be sure.

Cheers,

- Sean

On 9/28/2010 8:37 PM, Devin Monnens: