[game_preservation] The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment (?)

Alex Handy alex at themade.org
Fri Apr 1 11:25:16 EDT 2011

Hi Andrew, forgive my informality, but I am sick today...

I am the founder and director of the MADE. We're currently raising funds on
Kickstarter, and when that money comes through, the first thing we'll do is
get a space in downtown SF. we want to highlight the artistic processes
involved in creating games, from code, to art, to audio, to design.

I'd say the most important thing we need now is some help finding space near
downtown SF. We have a few candidates, but none are optimal.

>>> http://themade.org/

>>> http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/11/03/31/2252247/San-Francisco-Opening-Computer-amp-Video-Game-Museum

>>> Do you think they even know about this SIG or that there are related

>>> organisations nearby? Anyone up for contacting them or if they know them

>>> personally inviting them here? Even if they don't get off the ground it's

>>> odd there are some historians who don't know about us, we're just not well

>>> known enough I guess :)

>>> Andrew

>>> game_preservation mailing list

>>> game_preservation at igda.org

Alex Handy
Founder/Director
The Museum of Art and Digital Entertainment
http://www.themade.org
http://blog.themade.org
410-2-31337-2 (mobile)