[game_preservation] Roundtable at GDC 2012?

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Thu Dec 1 12:33:28 EST 2011

All,

It's time for me to submit an application for a SIG roundtable meeting
at GDC 2012. The deadline is Dec. 4, so I only have a couple of days to
ruminate about this, with the question being: Do we want to have one?

The issue here is that it appears that IGDA slots have been cut even
further by GDC. They are encouraging SIGs to meet M, T instead of W,
Th, which makes little sense for our group, since I am guessing few of
us attend the M, T workshops. In fact, I probably won't attend if it's
on M or T ... F is not an option. Anyway, we can apply for W, Th, and
I would do that, but I just want to make sure that there is sufficient
interesting in the group.

Quick expressions of interest would be great in the next day or two.

Best,

Curator for History of Science& Technology Collections;
Film& Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries, Stanford CA 94305-6004