[game_preservation] ELSPA Database

Jan Baart jan_baart at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 9 17:51:59 EST 2011

Unfortunately ELSPA does not exist anymore, it was closed and replaced
by the UKIE in 2010. Which means there is no way to get in contact with
them, unless with a person that used to work their prior to the closure.
As far as I understand UKIE is a completely different organization which
means it is not a given that the same personnel is still in place nor
that the UKIE is actually in possession of the ELSPA rating database.
Hence my inquiry on this list. Of course I will try to get in touch with
the UKIE but I was hoping someone here actually knew whether or not they
are the right body to address.

Jan

On 09.12.2011 22:13, Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Have you tried contacting ELPSA? I'm afraid I don't have a contact to

> provide however...

> Andrew

> On 09/12/2011 18:13, Jan Baart wrote:

>> Hi Andrew,

>> unfortunately that's putting the cart before the horse as one of the

>> reasons I'd like to have access to the ELSPA database is verifying

>> that ELSPA stickers (as opposed to print) on certain games are

>> actually legit ratings to verify actual UK/Europe release for

>> databases like MobyGames (not for MG itself though). And obviously to

>> check completeness of such game databases compared to what was

>> actually rated :)

>> Jan

>> On 09.12.2011 19:03, Andrew Perti wrote:

>>> Hi Jan,

>>> Unfortunately I'm not sure how to procure a substantiated ELSPA

>>> database. The best thing I have found thus far after doing 30

>>> http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q=elspa&p=-1&search=Go&sFilter=1&sGG=on&sA=on

>>> andrew.perti at thesimm.org | www.thesimm.org