[game_preservation] GDC anyone?

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 01:30:04 EST 2011

Who all here is going to GDC? I managed to get a pass, so I will be
attending.

However, I'm really torn about some of the panels! Jordan Mechner's talk is
simultaneous with the roundtable. And I really want to meet Jordan Mechner,
as I taught his games and will be researching them further. And then Eric
Chahi talks simultaneously with Retro Studios, and I want to meet both as
well! (I also taught Another World and it will be an important piece in a
book I want to write) So this last one will really be a tough call...
Thankfully, they'll be recorded, but there's nothing like meeting them in
person.

Regarding the roundtable, are there any rules against Skype? It might be
helpful if we could get some people who couldn't make it to be involved. And
it IS an IGDA function. Actually, come to think of it, I don't see why we
couldn't hold a Skype meeting on a regular basis. Would something like that
other people here would find worthwhile?