[game_preservation] The Videogame Archivist

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Mon Jan 10 00:13:42 EST 2011

I watched VGA TV Episode 6 as it looked like it would provide actual
research and insight, and the content seemed ok if a bit rushed. I had
to laugh at the opening screen, however, as it is really badly framed
(it looks like he couldn't afford a soapbox to stand on). Close
examination of the the videogame footage shows it to be authentic (ie.
captured from the real hardware, not an emulator) so they get some
respect in that area.

I'm somewhat bothered by their use of "video game" as opposed to
"videogame". I know that the former is probably more technically
accurate, but the latter is such common vernacular that it bugs me. I'm
curious what others think (ie. whether or not "video game" or
"videogame" is more proper).

Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org) http://www.oldskool.org/
Check out some trippy MindCandy at http://www.mindcandydvd.com/
A child borne of the home computer wars: http://trixter.oldskool.org/