[game_preservation] The Videogame Archivist

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 10 15:32:23 EST 2011

Devin,

another problem for linguistic analysis: Atari included the word
"computer" in some of their advertising for Pong. You can see this
clearly in one of the illustrations for my article on Computer
Space/Pong in the IEEE Annals for the History of Computing. I recall
(correctly, I hope) that the game sheets even used the term "computer
brain" for Computer Space, implying there was a CPU, when of course
there was not.

It might be worth a shot with the new google analytics, comparing "video
game" v. "videogame."

Henry