[game_preservation] The Videogame Archivist

Andrew Armstrong andrew at aarmstrong.org
Wed Jan 12 09:55:46 EST 2011

The main thing that videogame doesn't encompass to me is things without
video; there are a growing number of games for the deaf (or simply
artistic games with no visuals) around. I think however at this stage it
is just easier to realise they are included anyway (but is why
electronic game/computer game/digital game could be considered more
accurate).

Technical accuracy of the type of source is noteworthy though if
necessary to distinguish things; in common usage it's not as much
needed, because videogame is general enough.

I might gather these thoughts and differing opinions onto a wiki page
sometime; even if some people think it is silly, it'd be worth noting
for historical use in 10 or 20 years when we've forgotten what we
discussed in 2011 :)

Andrew