[game_preservation] Where Games Go To Sleep: The Game Preservation Crisis

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 13:45:05 EST 2011

Never heard of him, though I don't see that he did as much research as
he claims. The largest holder of Atari properties and original source
code is Curt Vendel (atarimuseum.com), who is on retainer with the
current Atari to provide them with these resources and advising. He
literally has everything from source code to drawings to full
engineering schematics to one of a kind protos, etc.

The reason the Sotheby's auction didn't sell was because it was
overpriced for what as in there, most of which was in poor shape.
Curt was actually sent there to evaluate it just in case the current
Atari would need something from it.

Second to Curt is Scott Evans (atarigames.com), who purchased a
storage trailer full of materials from Atari Games/Midway Games West
when it was being shut down. The material includes source code,
drawings, videos, etc. going back to the foundings of the original
Atari in the early 70's.

Marty