[game_preservation] Where Games Go To Sleep: The Game Preservation Crisis

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 22:28:49 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 5:10 PM, Henry Lowood <lowood at stanford.edu> wrote:

> Also, in responding to IGDA Central, I advised that we should wait and read

> the other portions of the article and see what he got from his conversations

> with SIG members.  In other words, the best timing for the response --

> whatever it is -- would be after all the parts are out.

I wholeheartedly agree. Since he's considering it a three parter
rather than a trliogy of singular articles, it'd be better to the
entire finished picture he's trying to paint so we can be wholistic in
our response as well.

> Finally, what format of response?

Whatever format it takes, certainly an informative tone that puts
forth this SIG as a resource for people to use if not umbrella to come
under for the very claimed purpose of his 3 part article.

To his credit, he took any criticism I had with graciousness and
decorum. Rather than further criticize then I think any response
should certainly attempt to fill in the gaps and attempt to educate
the readers to the goal of the above. I.E. appear to be taking it
further than what he presented and expand upon the material (even if
it's corrections in some cases). We want people to know that "Hey,
there's actually already a serious effort to attack this problem both
at the practical and academic levels."

>More thoughts?  Who wants to help out?

> Henry

I'll help out if you think it'd help out. ;)

Marty