[game_preservation] Oral History Project

laurie n. taylor laurientaylor at gmail.com
Mon May 9 16:53:28 EDT 2011

Since you mention that students are doing the oral history interviews, some
institutions see oral histories as needing IRB approval. The American
Historical Association disagrees with this requirement (
http://www.historians.org/perspectives/issues/2006/0602/0602new1.cfm and
http://blog.historians.org/profession/618/training-discernment-and-oral-history-review),
but if your institution deems it necessary, getting the IRB approval can
smooth the process overall.

Where IRB may or may not be required, releases are necessary.

Laurie N. Taylor
University of Florida Digital Collections
http://ufdc.ufl.edu