[game_preservation] New Nintendo Cartridge by Google!

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 12:35:39 EDT 2012

Sorry I'm just getting back to this, been busy with the book. Actually
heading out to the San Fran/Valley area to do a week's worth of
interviews on the 13th.

As Joseph mentioned, that's not the case and there are Famicom
homebrews. And yes, there was an Ethernet cartridge homebrew done
already called the ENIO (Extended NES IO). It provides ethernet, USB
KB, and serial connectivity.

Here's a pic of the dev board -

http://www.chykn.com/ENIO-DevBoard.jpg

And mounted proto (plugs in to the expansion slot)

http://www.chykn.com/ENIO-Rev1.jpg

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Jim Leonard <trixter at oldskool.org> wrote:

> On 4/1/2012 4:59 PM, Martin Goldberg wrote:

>> I guess I'm not sure why the big deal over this, there's new Nintendo

>> cartridges being done all the time.

> NES carts sure, but not Famicom.  And certainly none with a built-in RJ45

> Ethernet adapter.

> --

> Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)            http://www.oldskool.org/

> Check out some trippy MindCandy at        http://www.mindcandydvd.com/