[game_preservation] Release date of the Odyssey?

Frank Cifaldi fcifaldi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 12:16:21 EDT 2012

Hi Benj! Great to see you here. I agree 100% too, there was no firm release
date for the Odyssey. In fact, I'd be curious to know where August even
came from, do you have a source for that Devin?

My go-to source for this would be Ralph Baer himself, who took meticulous
notes. I have in front of me a production copy of his book and a
pre-release manuscript (JUST IN CASE!). According to Baer, Magnavox started
showing the Odyssey on the traveling Magnavox Profit Caravan show on May 3,
1972, and "over the following months Magnavox began supplying the dealers
with production units."