[game_preservation] History of "game engine"

Stuart Feldhamer stuart.feldhamer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 00:00:12 EDT 2012

Wiki has decent articles both on the Infocom Z Machine concept and on
Sierra's AGI:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-machine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adventure_Game_Interpreter

In both of those the engine was separated from assets. Whether you want to
call them game engines or not is a different story.

Stuart