[game_preservation] Kent's Ultimate History of Video Games

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:28:29 EDT 2012

On that note, could somebody be a bit more specific on inaccuracies present
within the book? Kent's book has been used as a staple for game history
classes (and is also used in my class, although I did not design the
class). I have been re-reading the book and attempting to locate
inaccuracies, and so far the biggest one I've found was Kent giving
Bushnell's story about Pong the benefit of the doubt. (Well, and a more
recent section, the Super Mario Bros. arcade and home console releases.)

Does a comprehensive list of inaccurate or questionable information exist?
I am still going through Kent's book again and still need to reread Tristan
Donovan's to evaluate them as a possible proposal of adopting a new book
and updating course material.