[game_preservation] Release date of the Odyssey?

Frank Cifaldi fcifaldi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 12:59:29 EDT 2012

BREAKING NEWS!

Via the July 27, 1972 edition of The Daily Herald (Chicago):

"Available to Magnavox dealers in August, Odyssey's initial price tag of
just under $100 will include 12 different games."

This was in a report about Magnavox's annual zone meeting for its dealers.
There you go!

Article is available (for pay) at newspaperarchive.com.