[game_preservation] IGDA Game Preservation Newsletter

Henry Lowood lowood at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 3 13:53:06 EST 2012

Devin, Andrew:

I don't remember the call for that issue, but it's a cool thing that it
was produced.

As for getting the White Paper on the list, Andrew, do you have any idea
who to ask? Is that the IGDA Wiki? If so, maybe you have access to
that page?

Henry

On 1/3/2012 9:52 AM, Andrew Armstrong wrote:

> Neat, I see some students and postdocs, a few developers, cool stuff.

> Am giving it a read now!

> I'm sure a quick word from Henry could get the white paper added to

> that page. I'd edit it in myself but I don't want to step on any toes.

> Andrew

> On 03/01/2012 05:22, Devin Monnens wrote:

>> The current newsletter for the IGDA has a special bulletin on game

>> preservation. A couple months ago, there was a call for papers for

>> the article (sadly, I was swamped at the time...), and the results

>> are now up!

>> http://www.igda.org/newsletter/2011/12/28/igda-perspectives-preservation/

>> Zach Vowell posted a piece - I don't recognize the other names,

>> unfortunately! (But I sure hope they're on this list...)

>> Speaking of... We need to get the White Paper on this list:

>> http://www.igda.org/papers-and-reports

>> --

>> Devin Monnens

>> www.deserthat.com <http://www.deserthat.com>

>> The sleep of Reason produces monsters.

Curator for History of Science& Technology Collections;
Film& Media Collections
HRG, Green Library, 557 Escondido Mall
Stanford University Libraries, Stanford CA 94305-6004