[game_preservation] Questions about a website to preserve culture

Andrew Perti andrew.perti at thesimm.org
Mon Jul 16 17:55:37 EDT 2012

Thank you for the message Scott.

For almost two years now, SIMM has been working closely with the
University of Washington's iSchool on developing such a database
model/schema. The framework will have the capacity to ingest literally
any type of information about physical, digital, and abstract artifacts
and in most cases associate a lot of the appropriate metadata and
meta-metadata automatically.

I'm giving a talk about the system and preliminary workflow guidelines
at MCN this year. Here's a link.

http://www.mcn.edu/caveat-fractal-indexing-and-accessing-video-games-and-related-ephemera

If you would like to become involved please drop me an email.

Andrew Perti
Founder | Seattle Interactive Media Museum
andrew.perti at thesimm.org | www.thesimm.org
Mobile: 518 653-5864