[game_preservation] Original Pong prototype?

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 08:55:18 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 7:29 AM, Devin Monnens <dmonnens at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the photo with Al Alcorn contain the original Pong prototype installed

> at Andy Capp's?

> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/03/05/pong_anniversary_al_alcorn/print.html

> I was curious whatever happened to that machine.

Yes, that's it. It's in the Computer History Museum in Mountain View.
The cabinet and television hookup were built by co-founder Dabney, who
appears to be completely cut out of that article. I've actually made
introductions for him to be interviewed next month as part of their
video oral history format.

> On that note, are there any big events planned for the 40th anniversary of

> Pong and the Odyssey?

We're releasing the preview of the Atari Inc. history book on June
27th and publishing next month. The current Atari isn't doing much
except their "re-imagine" PONG contest, and helping to promote our
book. There's also going to be a private 40th anniversary reunion in
August for the ex Coin-op people from Atari Inc. and Atari Games
(having been invited as a guies, I'm really looking forward to it).

> www.deserthat.com

Marty