[game_preservation] "Selecting Save on the Games We Make" on Gamasutra & at PAX East

John Andersen gamerep at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 17 20:31:41 EDT 2012

Part two of "Selecting Save on the Games We Make" was published on Gamasutra yesterday morning, it's here at this link:

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/166015/selecting_save_on_the_games_we_.php

This time it focuses on how indie developers are preserving what they develop, they include:

Bigpants
Dejobaan
Hemisphere Games
Kloonigames
Mommy's Best Games
Paradox Interactive
Playdead
Metanet Software
Ronimo
Semi Secret Games
Spooky Squid Games
The Behemoth

I really liked what Dejobaan's Ichiro Lambe and Bigpants' Jim McGinley had to say. There was also an interesting development with Playdead at the end regarding "Limbo". There was something I left out....I did have one developer email me afterwards to say that my questions convinced them to go out and purchase a couple of back-up drives, that was pretty cool to hear. Hope you enjoy it!

- John Andersen