[game_preservation] Video: The Art of Video Games

Goodlander, Georgina GoodlanderG at si.edu
Mon Mar 26 06:51:07 EDT 2012

Those 9 interviews are not on display in the exhibition, they are web-only. These are the 5 videos that are on display: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9F47DB6D0F399893&feature=view_all

We have links to all of the online video content here: http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/artists/

And the webcasts of the opening programs (including Bushnell, Kojima, Hunicke, and two panels) are here: http://www.americanart.si.edu/multimedia/webcasts/

The edited online video clips show just a few minutes of interviews with 21 people. We actually interviewed 33 people, and have at least 45 minutes of content for each person. We have full transcripts of all the interviews and the raw footage, as well as a great deal of other video content (including a LOT of game footage) created for the exhibition. We need to talk internally at the museum about how best to archive all of this, but we welcome ideas from this group!

If anyone does make it out to see the exhibition - let me know! It's traveling around the country after it finished here - the list of tour venues is online: http://www.americanart.si.edu/exhibitions/archive/2012/games/#tour

Thanks for sharing that video - I hadn't seen it yet and thought it did a great job of reviewing the show :)

Georgina

Georgina Goodlander
Exhibition Coordinator, The Art of Video Games
Smithsonian American Art Museum