[game_preservation] EFGAMP and Art History of Videogames

Andreas Lange lange at computerspielemuseum.de
Mon May 21 07:14:18 EDT 2012

Dear Devin and all,

the "failiure" is on my side since I am a member of the SIG and an
initiator of EFGAMP, too. The reason, why I hestitated to announce it
more broadly was, that the foundation haven't took place formally yet.
In February we just announced that we plan to found an European games
preservation association. Now we have to work everything out. It might
be matter of mentality but personally I tend to announce things, which
are fixed. With that I don't want to say, that EFGAMP is not a serious
approach. The opposite is the case. But sometimes it helps to pepare
things in a more relaxed atmosphere, without to high expectations from a
broader public.
I hope it explains a little bit. It is not a principle matter, only one
of timing. Of course the SIG would have been informed and potentially
involved in the one or other way in time. But please feel free also now
to ask me any questions about EFAMP you are wondering about...

Andreas

Andreas Lange
- Direktor -
Computerspielemuseum
Karl-Marx-Allee 93a, D-10243 Berlin (Germany)
Tel: +49 (0)30 31164470
Fax: +49 (0)30 31164158
www.computerspielemuseum.de (jetzt noch uebersichtlicher und informativer)
www.facebook.com/Computerspielemuseum