[game_preservation] Sistron Model 30 Scope Manual?

Devin Monnens dmonnens at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 23:02:28 EDT 2013

Hi everyone. Wanted to ask a question here on behalf of Raiford Guins. We
discussed this briefly at the Montreal conference. I tried asking around
the cctech mailing list, but no responses!

Anyway, (we) are looking for the manual to the original Sistron Donner
Model 30 oscilloscope. This was the type of scope used with Tennis for Two.
Apparently, it has some documentation that describes creating a tennis-like
game using the scope.

In addition, I was hoping there was any pricing and sales information on
oscilloscopes from the 1958 to 1964 period, particularly the Sistron
series. I'm trying to get a sense of the price range for oscilloscopes
during this period (doesn't have to be just Sistron) and about how many
might have been around to judge the viability someone in the period might
have had of building a coin-op tennis game. I'm going to guess scopes were
simply too expensive, but figured it was worth a shot to ask.

Sorry if you're listening, Raiford, and have either found it already or for
some crazy reason didn't want people here to know you were looking for it.
But I've been curious for some time!

Or maybe someone here knows another place to ask and look for it?