[game_preservation] News Release: Stanford Libraries preserves historical software collection with Federal Agency

REDON Joseph (gamepres) joseph.redon at gamepres.org
Wed Mar 6 19:34:58 EST 2013

Same here in Japan.
We've spent the last 5 years to develop tecnologies in order to properly archive tapes and floppies for oldest systems.
And we're not completely ready yet.
Games are heavily protected and no preservation can be done with just data extraction.
I would love to know which technology is ready to use for this ambitious project.
As far as I know Apple ][ is sure one the most difficult piece.

Best regards,

Joseph Redon
Game Preservation Society

2013/03/07 7:12、"Philippe Dubois, association MO5.COM, Président" <samurai at mo5.com> のメッセージ: