[game_preservation] Blog about Video Capture project

Andreas Lange lange at computerspielemuseum.de
Thu Sep 12 03:49:55 EDT 2013

That's good. I am looking forward to the results.
Andreas
P.S. We have put up the news on the EFGAMP site (
http://www.efgamp.eu/imls-sustains-the-strong-in-the-race-for-digital-preservation)

Am 11.09.2013 15:47, schrieb Dyson, Jon-Paul:

> Andreas,

> This particular video capture grant deals with a wide range of media, from floppy disks and CD-ROMs to arcade games and dedicated handhelds. JP

>>> Andreas,

>>> The project is still in process so I'm not in a position to share

>>> final numbers or specific breakdowns by system/material type but so

>>> far of the more than 7800 pre-2005 games we've tested there has been

>>> an initial failure rate of around 2.75%. That reflects some degree of

>>> remediation (e.g. cleaning and retesting) but not extensive work on

>>> games to see if we can make them work.

>>> Henry might have some numbers to share from his new imaging project.

>>> Henry do you have numbers?

>>> JP

>>> media...

>>> Andreas

>>> Andreas Lange

>>> - Direktor -

>>> Computerspielemuseum

>>> Karl-Marx-Allee 93a, D-10243 Berlin (Germany)

>>> Tel: +49 (0)30 31164470

>>> Fax: +49 (0)30 31164158

>>> www.computerspielemuseum.de

>>> www.facebook.com/Computerspielemuseum

>>> twitter.com/CSM_Berlin

>>> www.computerspielemuseum.de/1299_Sonderausstellung.htm

>>> Unser Sommersonderausstellung mit vielen spielbaren Originalkonsolen:

>>> Replay History: Motorcycles

>>> 11.7. - 22.9.2013

>>> Mehr: www.computerspielemuseum.de/1299_Sonderausstellung.htm

>>> Betreiber des Computerspielemuseum ist die Gameshouse gGmbH

>>> Marchlewskistr. 27, 10243 Berlin HRB 120986 B, USt.-Id DE 268307474