[game_preservation] Another massive game collection sold at auction

Jason Scott jason at textfiles.com
Wed Jun 18 12:54:22 EDT 2014

Way to go with that transition from first to second game history
conference, whoever came up with that approach.

The first was/is at: http://www.history-of-games.com/
And the second is listed at.... http://www.sahj.ca/

There's no link from the "first" conferece website that there's a second
one happening. So this is basically the first I've heard of this second
event, and no mail went out to attendees of the first (as far as I know)
that this was happening. So while I'm sad I already have commitments for
the 27th-28th that will keep me in New York City, I am not sad that I
"missed the chance".

Hopefully the events at the 2nd will be properly recorded and the resulting
papers released, maybe even video.

Game history conferences are game history too!

As for the game collection, it's good that it was sold intact. We'll see
who got it, and whether it'll be parted out or kept intact in the future,
I'm sure.