[game_preservation] Can anyone shed light on Tommo legal issues with SNK and Atari?

John Andersen gamerep at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 4 13:08:26 EST 2014

Hey everyone,
Over the past several months Tommo has been embroiled in legal issues with SNK Playmore. What was supposed to be licensed games on a NEO GEO branded handheld with game packs and a NEO GEO joystick reproduction from Tommo has now turned into finger-pointing and threats from both sides just as recently as last week from SNK Playmore.
I know that Atari filed a lawsuit against Tommo around July of 2011 alleging Tommo was producing (or had acquired) bootleg Atari Flashback 2 consoles. Not sure what happened after that.
I'm wondering if SNK cancelled its contract with Tommo after finding out about these allegations? Can anyone shed light on what's going on? It's just unfortunate that this has happened in terms of preserving these games in the retail spotlight.
Regards,
John Andersen