[game_preservation] Can anyone shed light on Tommo legal issues with SNK and Atari?

Martin Goldberg wgungfu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 15:40:58 EST 2014

John, keep in mind that staff and management has changed over about 20
times since 2011. Including the person at the head (Fred Chesnais replaced
Jim Wilson). Likewise, once liquidation enters an auction stage (which is
what that was) anyone can bid. The auction process was halted when Fred
felt he could get more money by selling off all the Atari IP individually,
the people already involved in the auction raised an uproar, and then he
changed course and instead moved to "save" the company and it's
subsidiaries. It would have been absolutely horrible if all the IP was
spread out all over the place individually, and who knows it could still
happen. Regardless, Battlezone is no longer an Atari IP because of that.

Marty