[game_preservation] A gamer's view on preservation

Jim Leonard trixter at oldskool.org
Wed Jul 15 19:42:00 EDT 2015

While being far from an academic view of the subject (as well as
containing NSFW language), I found the following viewpoint somewhat
reassuring as an example that some end-users do understand what is going on:

https://youtu.be/kmvcJuBOaQE

...namely, that the real danger isn't games being permanently shut down,
but that the gaming culture (both consumer and producer) is slowly
considering that acceptable.

The portion relevant to this group begins at roughly the 10-minute mark:

https://youtu.be/kmvcJuBOaQE?t=10m4s
--
Jim Leonard (trixter at oldskool.org)
Check out some trippy MindCandy: http://www.mindcandydvd.com/