[JakeShows] Killdevils at Nick-a-Nees Thursday, acoustic show at White Electric Friday, Sentimental Favorites holiday party Saturday afternoon

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Dec 15 10:09:37 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've decided to put up a different free mp3 on my website every
Monday. You can see the latest at <http://music.jwgh.org/
freemp3.html> at any time. The current mp3 is my rendition of the Erin
McKeown song 'Didn't They'.

Also got a bunch of fun shows coming up at the end of this week:

Thursday December 17 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Another free electric show at Nick-a-Nees (75 South Street in
Providence) with me, Chris Monti, Jeff Keithline, and Matt McLaren.
Have a meatball sandwich and enjoy the show!

Friday December 18 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
------------------
WHERE: White Electric, 711 Westminster STreet, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 7-10 pm

Jacob Haller and Chris Monti from the blues-based band The Killdevils,
Sweet78, a jazz duo featuring vocalist Serena Andrews, and the
acoustically eclectic Anne's Cordial bring you a special holiday
concert filled with jazz, blues and classic songs from long ago and
holidays songs old and brand new!

Chris Monti and Jacob Haller are omnipresent musical forces in the
Providence scene, appearing as solo acts and various bands. Jacob
Haller just celebrated his CD release party and is receiving rave
reviews for his album, "Mistaken Identity. Chris Conti from the
Provdience Phoenix says ""Haller cites Randy Newman and They Might Be
Giants as influences, which pretty much nails the tone throughout
Mistaken Identity; simple, insanely-quirky ditties built around piano,
guitar, and the occasional accordion, with subject matter ranging from
stolen kidneys to 'Adorable Kittens.'"

Sweet78’s name refers to the old 78 records of ago, and fittingly so.
The songs covered by this duo include favorite popular jazz tunes from
as early as the 1920s to as recent as the mid 1960s. There is a common
thread, of course. Most of the songs are standards by greats such as
Duke Ellington, Gershwin and Nat King Cole, featuring clever lyrics
and catchy melodies.

Anne's Cordial plays a musical cocktail of folk, blues and retro songs
with enchanting three-part vocal harmonies and unique instrumentation:
guitar, harp and keyboard. Described as everything from "chamber folk"
to "neo-classical," Anne's Cordial is a bright new voice in the New
England acoustic scene with skillful arrangements of old and original
songs.

I believe we will be playing for tips.

Saturday December 19 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
--------------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: noon-3 pm

The Sixth Annual Sentimental Favorites Holiday Matinee
With children, fried dough and the cranky and didactic songs of the
Sentimental Favorites.
Bring a wrapped gift, trade it for a wrapped gift.
Lots of show! Starts noon sharp!
Music from the Killdevils
Magic from Will Brierly
Music from Maria Ventura
Storytelling from Amil and Jack
Special appearance by the Super Chief Trio
Hosted by the Sentimental Favorites

And that's going to be about it for me until January. As always you
can see all of my currently scheduled shows at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html
>.

Happy holidays,
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh