[JakeShows] Killdevils in East Providence on Saturday; also, the first reviews come in

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Nov 5 02:21:04 EST 2009

Hi all,

Old hands at the music biz might be blase about it, but I'm pretty
excited to see my CD get mentioned in a couple of publications. The
first review was by Jonathan Cook and appeared in the Tantasqua Town
Common. Unfortunately the article no longer appears to be online, but
it said in part "Haller ranges with hints of Leon Redbone, Greg Brown
and Paul Geremia, smoothly pulling out lines that are as catchy as a
smile. The tunes themselves never try too hard. They are just fresh
and somewhat jolly sounding."

The second review appears in the current issue of Rhode Island's Motif
Magazine (I picked up my copy today!) It should be online in a couple
of days or so at <http://www.motifmagazine.net/>; in it John Fuzek
describes the CD as so: "With musical help from friends [...] Haller
created a comfortable recording of his quirky, offbeat, and from the
heart compositions."

It might also be worth mentioning that those of you who haven't heard
the CD yet can now hear the first four tracks from it on my Myspace
and Facebook pages (<http://www.myspace.com/jwgh> and <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152
>.)

But enough about the CD. In other exciting news, the Killdevils have
a show at a new venue this weekend! The owners of the club heard us
play at Nick-a-Nees a few months ago and when I called them we booked
a show on:

Saturday November 7 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-------------------
WHERE: Two Jerks Pub and Grill, 446 Waterman Avenue, East Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

We're excited to play at this East Providence bar with the unusual
name. They've got a website at <http://www.twojerks.com/> and I'm
looking forward to checking out the food before the show. We might
pull out our rockingest material for this show ...

If you're on Facebook you can indicate your plans to attend here: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155864609685

Then the next weekend there's:

Saturday November 12 -- SOLO SHOW
--------------------
WHERE: Ruffstone Tavern, 17 Metcalf Ave, North Providence, RI 02911
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Excellent East Bay singer-songwriter Allysen Callery was asked to
start up a songwriter's night at this North Providence bar (which
draws both locals and students from nearby RIC), and this will be the
second such night. Also playing will be Kim Lamothe and Chris Moon,
who are also excellent musicians and performers.

That'll be it until the CD release parties ... but those will be the
subject of a future email. In the meantime, be well!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh