[JakeShows] Nominated!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Thu Apr 8 11:10:28 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm going to send a separate message about upcoming shows shortly but
first I wanted to note that today the Providence Phoenix and Motif
Magazine polls have been unveiled and I've been nominated for a couple
of things. In particular:

* The Providence Phoenix poll -- I've been nominated for 'Best
Acoustic/Singer-Songwriter'.

Vote here: <http://thephoenix.com/BMP/Providence/Vote/>

Note that after filling out whatever categories you want to vote for
you will need to click on 'Cast My Ballot'. I haven't submitted my own
ballot yet but I believe among other things it will ask for your email
address, so be prepared for that.

Also note that each category has a write-in option. So if you want to
vote for 'Mistaken Identity' for best album, say, or write in the
Sentimental Favorites for 'Best Category-Defying Act', you can.

* The Motif Magazine poll -- 'Mistaken Identity' was nominated for
'Album of the Year', and the Everyman open mike (which I run on
Mondays and Joe Auger runs on Wednesdays) was nominated for 'Best Open
Mike'.

Vote here: <http://www.vmassociates.com/MusicAwardsMotif2010.html>

Note that the ballot has multiple pages and that you need to provide
your email address and click 'Submit Your Responses' when you fill out
the ballot.To allow people to listen to as many of my compositions as
possible, I've made all of the tracks from 'Mistaken Identity'
available to listen to here, on the CD page, and on my facebook page.
(Most of them are also available on my myspace page too, but myspace
has limit on the number of songs you can upload so they wouldn't all
fit.)

I'm not sure what my chances are -- the other candidates are, as you'd
expect, very good -- but I'm going to give it my best shot, so if you
would like to vote for me, I would really appreciate it!

To allow people to listen to as many of my compositions as possible,
I've made all of the tracks from 'Mistaken Identity' available to
listen in various places:

- In this blog entry: <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/4572.html

- At <http://music.jwgh.org/cd.html>

- On my facebook page: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152

- The first ten tracks are also on my myspace page: <http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152
> (Myspace has a limit on the number of songs you can upload).

Feel free to share these links around with people who you think might
be interested.

Many thanks,
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jacob-Haller/43616244152
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh