[JakeShows] At the Speakeasy @ Local 121 tonight with Hannah Devine!

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Apr 28 10:35:58 EDT 2010

Hi all,

This is my first show at Local 121 and I'm quite excited about it -- I
hope some of you can make it! I'll play from 8 pm to a little after 9
pm, at which point Hannah Devine will take over and play some songs
solo and with her band (composed of Providence's best drummer, Matt
McLaren, and the amazing Alec K. Redfearn on electric bass).

I'm also looking forward to Saturday's fundraiser at Stone Soup where
I'm excited to share the stage with Anne's Cordial (who played at my
Massachusetts CD release party where they were totally excellent) and
my longtime musical collaborator Chris Monti. I might try to get some
other people to join me on stage during my set ...

Here's the full information for these and other upcoming shows:

Wednesday April 28 -- SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHERE: The Speakeasy @ Local 121, 121 Washington Street (downstairs),
Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $6
FACEBOOK EVENT: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=106012402762221>

I'll be opening for the Hannah Devine Band (Matt McLaren on drums,
Alec K. Redfearn on bass) at this nifty listening room.

I like Hannah's music a lot, which is the reason I asked her to play
at my Providence CD release party last year and asked if I could play
this show with her this month. It might not be politic to say it, but
of all the solo shows I've had going on the last few months, this is
the one I've been looking forward to the most.

Hannah won Rhode Island Idol in 2008 and is one of my competitors for
Best Acoustic Singer/Songwriter in the Phoenix awards, so if you
haven't heard her before this is a good opportunity to check us both
out and decide which of us should win. ;-)

Saturday May 1 -- SOLO SHOW (STONE SOUP FUNDRAISER)
--------------
WHERE: Stone Soup at St. Paul's Church, 50 Park Place, Pawtucket, RI
WHEN: 8 pm
COVER: $20

Stone Soup is a great local organization that books national and local
folk acts. I've seen a lot of excellent shows there, and Chris Monti
and I once opened for Geoff Muldaur at Stone Soup, which was quite a
thrill.

This show is a fundraiser for Stone Soup as they celebrate their 29th
year in Rhode Island. There will be light refreshments. I'll be
sharing the stage with Triple Spiral, Anne's Cordial, Chris Monti, and
possibly other acts. Come check it out!

Sunday May 2 -- THE EMPIRE REVUE
------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 8 pm to 10 pm
COVER: $8

The Empire Revue is a cabaret/variety show which is held on the first
Sunday of every month. It's always a good time, and I hope you can
make it!

As always, you can see everything I've got booked at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html
>.

So long,