[JakeShows] Double Decker Dance Band in Olneyville Wednesday, solo at the farmer's market on Saturday, plus another NYC show at the end of August

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Aug 2 12:20:24 EDT 2010

Hi all,

August is so far looking like it will be a relatively quiet month ... though I've said that before!

I'm continuing to host the Everyman Bistro open mike every Monday. Tonight the featured act will be the unique duo the Sentimental Favorites, a favorite band of mine. There's been a nice mix of different kinds of music at the recent open mikes and I've been enjoying them quite a bit; check out the schedule at <http://music.jwgh.org/openmike.html> to see what's coming up there.

I'm also looking forward to seeing my friends in Anne's Cordial play at the Speakeasy at Local 121 (121 Washington Street in Providence) on Wednesday this week -- it should be a good place to hear this band's great vocal harmonies. Their show starts at 8 pm so it should be possible to go to the Double Decker show (more information on that below), then head over to Local 121 for dinner and some more great music.

As far as where you can see me play this month, there are a few possibilities:

Wednesday August 4 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND SHOW
------------------
WHERE: Riverside Park in Olneyville, Providence, RI (the park is at the corner of Aleppo St and Pelham St in Providence)
WHEN: 6-7:30 pm
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105236709529890>

The Double Decker Dance Band has recently expanded its lineup to include another guitarist, so now we're a seven piece afro-beat band. Liberian-born Joseph Paye continues to lead us through a bunch of original songs, covers, and traditional African tunes. In the past couple of weeks we've been working on some new material and I'm anticipating a fun show full of dance music.

Saturday August 7 - SOLO SHOW (FARMER'S MARKET)
-----------------
WHERE: Hope Street Farmer's Market in Lippett Memorial Park, 1015 Hope Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 am-12:30 pm

I'll be playing music for tips at the farmer's market, and possibly taking a break at some point to see if there are any berries to buy and make a pie out of.

Saturday August 28 - NYC SHOW - SOLO
WHERE: The Alphabet Lounge, 104 Ave. C, New York, NY 10009
WHEN: 7-7:45 pm
FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=105185429536831
COVER: $10

I'm returning to the Alphabet Lounge for my third show in Manhattan. As before, my part of the show will start promptly at 7 pm and will end at 7:45 pm, with other acts to follow. If you know anyone in the area who you think might be interested in my music, please let them know about this show! (They can hear my CD on my website at <http://music.jwgh.org/>.)

And that's it for August! If there are any new developments I'll let you know.

Thanks,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh