[JakeShows] Songwriters in the Round tomorrow (Sunday), farmer's market Saturday, other upcoming shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Jul 10 20:46:49 EDT 2010

Hi again,

I hope you've all been having some nice summer fun. Here's what I've got going on for the rest of this month:

Sunday July 11 -- SOLO ACT (Songwriters in the Round)
--------------
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 7-8:30 pm
COVER: $5

Hosting Songwriters in the Round. The other songwriters will be Allysen Callery, Michael Khouri, and Dan Durand, and the theme we will be writing on is 'Full Speed Backward'. Owing to a gallery opening, the show will start later than usual, at 7 pm.

This is my friend Allysen's last RISA show, so although I'm looking forward to it this will also be a little bittersweet. (Allysen will of course continue to perform non-RISA shows and in fact was recently signed to a small German record label, so continue to keep an eye out for her shows.)

Paul Geremia is playing at Everyman Bistro that night, so I encourage anyone interested in old-time blues, or just in great acoustic guitar playing, to head over there.

Saturday July 17 -- HOPE STREET FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHERE: Lippett Memorial Park, 1015 Hope Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm

I'll be playing solo music for tips and probably running through most of the songs that I know. If you're in the area, stop by to say 'hi' and buy some greens while you're at it!

Tuesday July 20 -- SOLO SHOW
---------------
WHERE: The Towers, 35 Ocean Rd, Narragansett, RI 02903
WHEN: 7:30 pm
COST: $10 (tickets can be reserved by calling (401) 782-2597)

This is the Rhode Island Songwriter's Association's annual Evening of Ocean State Songwriters. This year it will feature Garry Foisy, Heather Rose, Chuck Williams, Ronnee Ringquist, Billy Mitchell, Lara Herscovitz, and Frank Martyn. This is a beautiful spot and refreshments will be available -- I played one of these shows a few years ago to a large, appreciative audience and had a great time. (And, hey, come a little early and you can spend some time at the beach!)

Thursday July 22 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
----------------
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9 pm to midnight

Another free electric show at Nick-a-Nees (75 South Street in Providence) with me, Chris Monti, Matt McLaren, and special guests TBA. Have a meatball sandwich and enjoy the show!

Saturday July 24 -- ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHERE: The Oak Hill Tavern, 565 Tower Hill Road, N. Kingstown, RI 02852
WHEN: 9 pm - 12:30 am

Chris Monti and I playing more music than you can shake a stick at.

And that should about do it for this month, unless I book anything new. As always, you can see my full schedule at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

Hoping you're all well,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh