[JakeShows] Double Decker Dance Band shows Thursday and Saturday, farmer's market solo show, then off to Maryland

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Jun 9 23:06:41 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I just got back from the Providence Phoenix awards. I didn't win, but thanks to everyone who voted for me -- your support means a lot. (And congratulations to Hannah Devine, who did win the 'Best Singer/Songwriter' category -- hopefully I'll hear you play again sometime soon!)

My busy month continues this week with a couple of afro-beat shows and my return to the Hope Street Farmer's Market. Then it's off to the Washington, DC area for a couple of shows -- if you know anyone who lives down there who you think might be interested please let them know. (As always, they can hear recordings on my main web page at <http://music.jwgh.org/>.) Here's the full information:

Thursday June 10 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND SHOW
----------------
WHERE: Burnside Park, Kennedy Plaza, Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 5:30-6:30 pm

This is where it all began last year, with us backing up Steady Bongo at Burnside Park. Now we're back without Steady Bongo but with a lot more original and folk material and a bunch more experience under our belts. Come on down and have a listen!

If you're not sure where Burnside Park is, just head to Kennedy Plaza at 5:30 pm and follow your ears.

Saturday June 12 -- HOPE STREET FARMER'S MARKET
----------------
WHERE: Lippett Memorial Park, 1015 Hope Street, Providence, RI
WHEN: 9:30 am - 12:30 pm

I'm happy to return to the Hope Street Farmer's Market for another summer full of shows. I'll be playing solo music for tips and probably running through most of the songs that I know. If you're in the area, stop by to say 'hi' and buy some greens while you're at it!

Saturday June 12 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND AT THE PROVIDENCE ARTS FEST
----------------
WHERE: Westminster Street (near Tazza), Providence, RI 02903
WHEN: 4:45-5:45 pm

The DDDB closes out a day-long arts festival in downtown Providence. There will be music from 10:30 am to 6 pm (and perhaps a DJ after that), with us going on at 4:45 pm. Should be lots of cool arts, crafts, food, and music -- hope you can come check it out!

Thursday June 17 -- OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT; MARYLAND TOUR
----------------
WHERE: Java Mamas Open Mic, 324 Main Street, Reisterstown, MD 21136
WHEN: 7-10 pm

I'll play solo as the featured act in an open mike hosted by rob of ilyAIMY. Signup starts at 6 pm. I will probably be on 8:30 or 9ish.

Saturday June 19 -- SOLO SHOW; MARYLAND TOUR
WHERE: Mad City Columbia, Columbia, MD 21044
WHEN: 6:30-9:30 pm

Sharing the bill with Least Common Denominator and A Shot And A Beer. Part of the Music Matters Showcase series organized by Joe Isaacs. Each act will play two four-song sets, one early in the evening and one later on, so hopefully interested folks can make one or the other (or both).

That's the end of what I've got scheduled for June, but I've got other plans for the summer, including another trip to New York. For more information you can, as always, go to <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. Thanks again for your interest and support!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh