[JakeShows] Buy local music! Plus CMonti's birthday show at Nick-a-Nees on Thursday, the Running Commentary on Saturday, and more

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Nov 30 18:11:01 EST 2010

Hi all,

For the past few years I've often picked up extra copies by local musicians that I like and given them as Christmas presents to people I thought would like them. The recipients, who may have never heard of the performers before, get a nice treat, and the musicians potentially get (in addition to the money from the CD sale) new fans.

This year I've decided to encourage this practice by putting together a list of some of my favorite local musicians and where you can acquire their CDs. I've also assembled a list of their upcoming shows (mostly in Providence or nearby, but a few in Massachusetts). If you're interested, check it out at <http://community.livejournal.com/jwgh_music/7694.html> -- or keep an eye out for your own favorite local musicians and pick up one of their CDs!

My own CD can be ordered from CD Baby: <http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/JacobHaller> Or you can buy one from me directly at one of these shows:

Thursday December 2 - ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: Nick-a-Nees, 75 South Street, Providence, RI

It's Chris Monti's birthday and to celebrate we'll be playing an electric show (with Matt McLaren on drums and Jack Hanlon on bass) at the best bar in town. Hope you can make it! It is rumored that we will play a Van Halen song.

Saturday December 4 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
-------------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6 donation suggested. The money goes to a local food pantry.

The Anne's Cordial Holiday Show. Natalie, Joe, and I will be sharing the bill with Anne's Cordial and the Khinship. (We should be on around 8 pm.) There will be potluck food and we will also be accepting non-perishable donations for a food pantry.

Tuesday December 7 - SOLO SHOW
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: On the Dock Grill, 50 Waterfront Drive, Warwick, RI 02889

I'll be the featured act at an open mike run by Joanne Lurgio. She'll pass the hat for me at some point.

Sunday December 12 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
------------------
WHEN: 4-6 pm
WHERE: The Waterstreet Café, 36 Water Street, Fall River, MA 02721

This is a holiday benefit show for the Faxon Animal Shelter: <http://www.animalrescueleaguefr.org/index.php> organized by Daniel Ouellette. I will be performing with the Running Commentary and will also be part of a backup band for Daniel's tribute to the music of Marlene Dietrich.

Saturday December 18 - DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
WHEN: 3-6 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI

The Sentimental Favorites' Holiday Extravaganza: "The Sentimental Favorites - Sonny Roelle and Geoff Griffin - host the Double Decker Dance Band for a secular sugary all-ages party. Bring-one-take-one gift swap, fried dough with sugar and red sauce, candy, coloring, board games and more. And AS220 Foo(d) will be open." This is always a fun event and there is no cover charge so I recommend checking it out!

I've been busily putting together some bookings for next year and it's looking pretty good! As always you can see what I've got planned at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. Hope to see you all around!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh