[JakeShows] The Jake Haller Band has its debut on Saturday

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Mon Sep 6 10:13:01 EDT 2010

Good day,

Well, I've finally done it -- I've gone ahead and put together a band for myself. The one thing I haven't done yet is figured out a good name for it, but hopefully that will come soon.

In the new band, I'll be backed up by Natalie Markward on guitar and Joe Auger on drums. Our first show is this coming Saturday at AS220 (details below), and in a week of exciting shows (the Killdevils playing in Worcester with Jack Hanlon! the Double Decker Dance Band playing at an arts festival in Pawtucket! Singing Out Against Hunger!) it's the show I'm most excited about. I hope that you are able to come to it.

In other news, last month I asked Chris Monti to join me for a song at the Empire Revue and they've put the video up of that performance: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFedMFIKs-0> We performed my song 'Lady Luck'.

With that lengthy introduction out of the way, here's the rundown of upcoming shows:

Thursday September 9 - SOLO SHOW
--------------------
WHEN: 7-11 pm
WHERE: The Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132316536811549>
COVER: $5

This is the anniversary show of the '4 Corners' series run by Don Tassone. Eight songwriters will perform in the round, with each songwriter peforming songs in the following categories: Signature Song / Current Best Song / Song on the theme "The Ascot, Pipe, and Smoking Jacket Song" / Song of Love or Hate.

Normally Don schedules four songwriters for this, but as it's an anniversary show he's doubled it up. The eight performers will be: Steve Allain, Malyssa Bellarosa, me, Jim Tata, Tracie Potochnik, the Grass Gypsys, G.W. Mercure, and Don Tassone.

Directions can be found on the facebook event page at <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=132316536811549>.

Friday September 10 -- ELECTRIC KILLDEVILS SHOW IN WORCESTER
-------------------
WHEN: 10 pm-1 am
WHERE: Vincent's, 49 Suffolk Street, Worcester, MA 01604
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=155329344482994>
COVER: No admission fee, we will pass the hat

Chris Monti and I will be joined by Matt McLaren on drums and Jack Hanlon on upright bass.

Matt hopefully you know from his work with the Killdevils, plus other bands like the Eyesores and the Seizures. Jack Hanlon is also in a bunch of bands such as the Throttles. He's got a great rockabilly style and gives everything a great energy. Looks like he'll be singing a few songs too!

This should be a really fun show.

Saturday September 11 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND (afternoon show)
---------------------
WHEN: 1-2 pm
WHERE: Slater Memorial Park, Newport Ave & Parkview Drive, Pawtucket, RI 02860
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154383107912276>

The Double Decker Dance Band kick off the music for the Pawtucket Arts Festival, which will run until 5 pm. Anne's Cordial and the Gnomes will also be playing that afternoon. I'm definitely planning to stick around after the show to enjoy the music and check out the art, and I hope you can too!

Saturday September 11 -- JAKE HALLER BAND SHOW
---------------------
WHEN: 9 pm-late
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence,, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=104036702989633>
COVER: $6

My first show with guitarist Natalie Markward and drummer Joe Auger! We're sharing the bill with Talking About Commas, The Denver Boot, and Lulled.

We're on second, so we should go on around 10 pm.

I originally wrote my songs with no thought to them being played by anyone but me and it's really exciting to hear how great they sound with Natalie and Joe lending their talents to them. I'm really psyched about this band and am looking forward to this show with great anticipation.

Sunday September 12 -- SOLO SHOW - SINGING OUT AGAINST HUNGER
WHEN: 10-10:30 am
WHERE: Coastal Roasters, 1791 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878

This is part of a weekend-long benefit for local food pantries and homeless shelters. Unfortunately this year the town council in Tiverton refused to allow amplification, so this year the event will be unplugged. Fortunately, I can sing pretty loud!

I'm going to stick around Coastal Roasters for the morning, then I think I'll head over to Evelyn's Drive-in down the road to have some lunch and check out the music there. You can see the full music schedule online at <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/Events.html>.

So that's my five-shows-in-four-days schedule for the coming week. I hope you can come to something, but if not, hopefully I will see you around some other time soon! As always, you can see everything I've currently got scheduled online at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>.

Enjoy the weather,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh