[JakeShows] Empire Revue tonight, in Warwick with CMonti Tuesday, and the rest of April

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sun Apr 3 16:42:55 EDT 2011

Hi all,

We've had a couple of days of beautiful weather in Providence, almost enough to wipe out the memory of the two days of snow and rain that preceded them. The grocery store has rhubarb somehow, so I'm making a pie. I hope you all are having some similarly nice early spring activities.

I've got a couple of shows this week (including one tonight), and a few more shows after that this month (including a show in Worcester). I hope you can make one or more of them!

Here's the details:

Sunday April 3 (tonight) - EMPIRE REVUE
------------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=194112723953671>
COVER: $8

> The Sparkling Beatniks, Superchief Trio, and your silver haired host, Keith Munslow invite you to have your funny bone fondled, your musical soul massaged, and your joie de vivre revived at the April Empire Revue! We will serve you up a family-sized dose of comedy and chaos, music and mayhem like no other variety show can. This month, we'll tackle Easter, Earth Day, taxes -- and anything else we can think of --and all for just 8 bucks. Plus, a bevy of amazingly talented special guests, tantalizing pre-show antics, and the best house band in town. We want to see your smiling face in the crowd -- so make plans to attend, and bring a friend!

My guitar's in the shop so I'll be asking the band to accompany me on a minor key blues song I wrote one night while driving around Providence at 1 am observing the behavior of the other drivers. It's called, 'Somebody's Going To Kill You'. I also happen to know that mentalist Rory Raven will be doing some magic, so I'm looking forward to that.

Tuesday April 5 - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT w/CHRIS MONTI
---------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: On the Dock Grill, 50 Waterfront Drive, Warwick, RI 02889
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=146129362112979>

Chris Monti and I (still fresh from our tour) will be the featured act at an open mike run by Joanne Lurgio. She'll pass the hat for us at some point.

On the Dock Grill is a tiny bar on the waterfront in Warwick. It sounds like some great musicians are planning to come tonight -- should be excellent!

That's it for this week. Looking on to the rest of the month:

Friday April 15 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
---------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911 (note this is different from the Waterman Street in Providence)
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=103588056393375>

I think this is our first full-length show! I'm going to start out the evening with a solo set, then Natalie Markward (electric guitar) and Joe Auger (drums and mandolin) will join me for the rest of the night. There's no cover charge. The Locals serves beer and wine, plus tasty food made from locally-produced ingredients.

Saturday April 23 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 9 pm-12:30 am
WHERE: 565 Tower Hill Road, North Kingstown, RI 02852
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=199494320085056>

Chris and I will play a whole lot of music to a roomful of people eating tasty barbecue. You could be one of them! No cover. Free peanuts.

Saturday April 30 - J. HALLER & THE RUNNING COMMENTARY IN WORCESTER
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Raven, 258 Pleasant Street, Worcester, MA 01609
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=121596194583543>
COVER: $5

It's a night of blues at the Raven, with Wild Mountain Strategy, Ten Foot Pole Cats, Sit Down Baby, and my little band on the bill.

And that's all of April. As always, you can see my full schedule at <http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html>. I guess it's time for me to get back to my pie, so I'll end with: have a great week!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh