[JakeShows] Fundraising for the new CD ends in a week; plus, September shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Aug 31 11:21:48 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I hope you all are well, and that you made it through the hurricane safely.

I've mentioned Kickstarter a few times and I want to talk about it a bit more.

Basically, I'm raising money to record my next CD. Kickstarter allows you to pledge money to make that happen. In return, you can get various prizes, like a copy of the new CD when it comes out, or baked or knitted goods, and so on. You can see the prizes at <http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/> and I've added instructions on how to pledge -- if you have any questions please let me know.

When I first considered using Kickstarter, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it, and one of the big factors that pushed me over the edge was that it would allow people to get involved in, and excited about, the making of the CD. You can contribute as little as one dollar and know that that dollar brought me one step closer to making the CD happen.

To encourage people to join in, I want to reward everyone who pledges, no matter how small or large the amount. To that end, everyone who pledges will be given free admission to either or both of the CD release parties I'm planning (one in Providence, RI and the other probably either in Worcester, MA or Southbridge, MA).

Additionally, if desired, I will link to your personal or business web page on my website (on the 'Links') page.

Finally, everyone who donates gets a signed postcard with a hand-drawn robot on it. No two will be alike!

If I could get 75 people to pledge to the campaign -- if 75 people were interested enough to get involved and help me get the CD out -- it would be amazing. Help me reach that goal!

Well, that's enough about that. Here's what I've got coming up in September:

Sunday September 4 -- EMPIRE REVUE
------------------
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: AS200, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $8

I'll be playing a song as part of the Empire Revue monthly cabaret show. I will be coming here directly from the recording studio!

Thursday September 8 -- SOLO SHOW - OPEN MIKE HOST
--------------------
WHEN: 7:30-10 pm
WHERE: Chili Head Barbeque Company, 320 West Center Street (Rte 106), West Bridgewater, MA

Hosting the Chili Head open mike. I'll play a few songs at the beginning of the night to kick things off.

Tuesday September 13 - w/NATALIE MARKWARD - OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
--------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: On the Dock Grill, 50 Waterfront Drive, Warwick, RI 02889

Natalie Markward and I will be the featured act at an open mike run by Joanne Lurgio. Joanne will pass the hat for us at some point.

On the Dock Grill took some damage during the hurricane, but I believe they were expecting to be back open soon (they might even be open now), so I think this should still be on. If there are any changes in this I will let you know.

Sunday September 18 - SOLO SHOW - SINGING OUT AGAINST HUNGER
WHEN: 10-10:30 am
WHERE: Coastal Roasters, 1791 Main Road, Tiverton, RI 02878

This is a great annual fundraiser for food banks in the East Bay, and I'm happy to be playing in it again. There will be music, raffles, and so on all weekend, so go check it out if you can -- see <http://singingoutagainsthunger.org/Events.html> for the full schedule.

Well, that's it for September. When I write to you next it will be after a weekend in the studio and hopefully I will have exciting news about that!

See you,
http://kickstarter.jwgh.org/