[JakeShows] Chris Monti's CD release party on Friday! Plus RISA event on Saturday, the Empire Revue on Sunday, and other upcoming shows

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Mar 1 01:11:43 EST 2011

Hey all,

I just came across a video of my performance at the last Empire Revue: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je9b_G4YRH8> (If you're wondering what the bit at the beginning is about, it's a reference to a joke this comedian made earlier: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEyc4G7iZxM>)

Chris and I are still busy working on our tour, which starts in a couple of weeks on March 17 and will include shows in Connecticut, New York, Washington DC, and Virginia. If you happen to be near any of the shows and want to go, that's great, and if you know anyone who'd enjoy our music and is nearby any of the shows, please spread the word! The latest information about the tour can be found at <http://killdevils.com/2011tour/>.

But in the more immediate future there are some other exciting shows coming up:

Friday March 4 - CHRIS MONTI CD RELEASE PARTY w/THE DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
--------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Firehouse 13, 41 Central Street, Providence, RI [may show up as 41 Central Circle on some GPSes]
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=183232035047138>
COVER: $7 in advance, $8 at the door - buy tickets in advance from <http://firehouse13.ticketleap.com/>

Album release party for Chris Monti's new acoustic album "Home" on 4 March at Firehouse 13. Chris will do a solo set, and Alec K. Redfearn & the Eyesores, the Double Decker Dance Band, and the Whatnots will also play.

Saturday March 5 - SOLO SHOW
----------------
WHEN: 8-10 pm
WHERE: Brooklyn Coffee & Tea House, 209 Douglas Avenue, Providence, RI

Showcase of RISA songwriters on the first & third Saturday of each month. This month it will be Jacob Haller, GW Mercure, and one other songwriter TBA. All original. Hosted by Steve Allain.

Sunday March 6 - EMPIRE REVUE
--------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=145039682221932>
COVER: $8

Chris Monti and I will play an Irish song and describe the worst show we ever had.

Friday March 11 - NEW MUSIC SERIES - SOLO SHOW
---------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: The Artists' Exchange, 50 Rolfe Square, Cranston, RI 02910
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125072200898815>
COVER: $5

This show is part of the Black Box Music Series. I will be playing some never-before performed songs along with some great singer/songwriters: Chris Boyd, Orion Rigel Dommisse, Kim Lamothe, Don Tassone, and Jenny White.

Sunday March 13 - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
---------------
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=200771213271682>
COVER: $5

Hosting Songwriters in the Round. The other songwriters will be Beth DeSombre, Marilynn Manfra, and Dave Dersham. The theme is "WHERE THEY DON'T BELONG."

Wednesday March 16 - LIVE TV SHOW with THE RUNNING COMMENTARY
WHEN: 8-9 pm
WHERE: Onset VFW, 4 Gibbs Ball Park Road, Onset, MA 02558
FACEBOOK: <http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191024444262559>

Playing for a local, live, one hour broadcast on channel 9 on Comcast which will also appear on local access stations throughout southeastern Massachusetts and RI. It should also stream live on the world wide web. I will give away copies of my CD, 'Mistaken Identity', to the first 20 people in the door to be the live studio audience for this free show.

Have a great month!

So long,
http://www.facebook.com/jwgh.music
http://www.myspace.com/jwgh