[JakeShows] Double Decker shows in Providence (tomorrow) and Worcester (Friday), then a couple of afternoon shows, and on through October

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Oct 12 23:38:32 EDT 2011

Got back from Nashville on Sunday, where someone described 'Stale Tequila' as follows: "That's a real hot song. The point of view is … peculiar … or in Tennessee terms: uncomfortable." I recommend you all start using "in Tennessee terms: uncomfortable" as appropriate.

Man, October is packed full of shows! We start off with a couple of dance shows in the next couple of days, and then continue on with solo shows, fundraisers, duets with Natalie, and Halloween craziness. Hope you can make it to some of them!

Starting tomorrow we've got four shows in four days and we'll go on from there:

Thursday October 13 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND
-------------------
WHEN: 8:30 pm-late
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

Members of the AS220 Criss Cross Orchestra will open for us. We will also be backing Sierra Leone legend Steady Bongo on five of his songs. (You may recall we got our start backing up Steady Bongo on a previous trip to Providence.) Dance party!

Friday October 14 -- DOUBLE DECKER DANCE BAND in WORCESTER
-----------------
WHEN: 5:30-9 pm
WHERE: Gilrein's, 802 Main Street, Worcester, MA

This is a fundraiser for Barbara Haller's District 4 city council election campaign, and there will be other music as well (TBA). Our Worcester debut! Come on down and dance, and if you are inclined to donate some money to my mother's campaign please do!

Here's a little message from Joe Paye about this event: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PLDHv-B7Q>

There will also be a group of dancers from Rwanda and Burundi who will do some cultural dances wearing Rwandan/Burundi clothes.

Saturday October 15 -- SOLO SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 1-3 pm
WHERE: 1 Queen Annes Square, Newport, RI (the entrance is at approximately 150 Spring Street, between Mill and Church Streets, if you have trouble finding this on a GPS)

Part of the Trinity Church Pumpkin Patch Music Festival. I am on first and will play half an hour; the other performers will be Malyssa Bellarosa and Bill Reed, Eben Salter, and Dan Durand.

Sunday October 16 -- SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 11 am-1 pm
WHERE: Java Madness, 134 Salt Pond Road, Wakefield, RI

Playing for tips.

Friday October 21 -- SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911

I'll be playing a solo set, and Chris Monti will be also be playing solo and with Pete Vendettuoli. The Locals serves beer and wine, plus tasty food made from locally-produced ingredients. No cover!

Saturday October 22 -- SOLO CHILDREN'S SHOW / BENEFIT FOR JEN MEUS
-------------------
WHEN: noon-1 pm (the fundraiser continues until 4 pm)
WHERE: Seacrest Beach Hotel, 350 Quaker Road, Falmouth, MA 02556
COST: $50 for tickets that include lunch; see the website for more information

Playing for kids at a fundraiser for a friend with cancer. More information about my friend and the fundraiser is here: http://www.jenshelpinghands.org/

The fundraiser goes until 5 pm and will include raffles and an auction for lots of great items, including two knitted stegosauruses made by yours truly! (And a lot of higher-end items as well, such as a stay at a bed & breakfast in Ireland, a condo rental on Martha's Vineyard, etc.)

Tuesday October 25 -- WITH NATALIE MARKWARD / OPEN MIKE FEATURED ACT
------------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: Biki's Bar, 2077 West Shore Rd, Warwick, RI

I will be the featured act at the open mike. Natalie Markward will accompany me and we'll be playing for tips. Joanne Lurgio runs this open mike and we appreciate her booking us!

Saturday October 29 -- THE KILLDEVILS
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: The Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI

Chris Monti and I will be playing as part of a special Halloween show hosted by Daniel Ouellette! I should have more details as the date gets closer.

With a bit of luck I might even have some of my new CDs in stock towards the end of the month, though more likely it will be November sometime. And then I can finish planning the CD release parties!

So long,