[JakeShows] March shows - Songwriters in the Round, Killdevils, John Henry's Hammer, online show, and the Locals

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Sat Mar 9 09:36:08 EST 2013

Hi folks,

I hope you all are well. It's nice to be back in Providence, and I see that you all saved up some snow for me, which is awfully nice of you.

The Anne Hutchinson tee shirts and tote bags are in and I have to say they look pretty fantastic. You can see them here:

* http://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/merch/anne-hutchinson-shirt
* http://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/merch/anne-hutchinson-tote-bag

Of course, I still have plenty of killer robot shirts in stock, and CDs too. See 'em all at http://jacobhaller.bandcamp.com/merch .

While I was in Georgia I got booked for a couple of extra shows in March, so this is turning out to be a pretty busy month! Here's what I've got coming up, starting with an early evening show tomorrow:

Sunday March 10 - SOLO SHOW (SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND)
---------------
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

Mike Couto, Terry Kitchen, Christopher Farias, and I will each perform four songs, one of them on the theme "After the Storm Clears." I started writing mine a few weeks ago and one of my goals for today is to finish it up ...

Friday March 15 - KILLDEVILS SHOW
---------------
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

Chris Monti and I will be closing out a show with such local luminaries as Matt Everett, Allysen Callery, and Caroline Hecht. I don't get to share a stage with Allysen very often and I'm really looking forward to it!

Matt you may recognize from my band the Silent Treatment where he plays accordion and violin -- or from his work with iconic Rhode Island bands like the Amoebic Ensemble, the Eyesores, and the Everett Bros Moving Co.

Saturday March 16 - SOLO SHOW - WORCESTER
-----------------
WHEN: 7:30 pm
WHERE: John Henry's Hammer Coffeehouse, 1st U. Church of Worcester, 90 Main Street, Worcester, MA 01608
COVER: $15/$12 in advance - get tickets at http://bpt.me/342574

I'll be opening for Walter Crockett's new band the Wannabee Wabbits. My friend Maddie Hayman will be playing fiddle with them. It'll be an all around fun show!

Thursday March 21 - SOLO SHOW - LIVE LUNCH BREAK
-----------------
WHEN: noon-1 pm
WHERE: Online on theday.com's website at http://www.theday.com/section/medialivelunch/

Tune in on your lunch break and see me be perform and answer a few questions from arts writer Rick Koster and videographer/producer Peter Huoppi of Connecticut's news site theday.com. Jon Campbell let me know about this and if you go to the page you can watch his session, along with many of the other local performers who have been on the show.

Saturday March 30 - SOLO SHOW
-----------------
WHEN: 7-10 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911

I'll be sharing the bill with Ian Fitzgerald, a superb songwriter who I greatly admire. Come on by for dinner (the Locals specializes in delicious food made from local ingredients) and listen to our music!

Or if you can't make Saturday night, another option is:

Sunday March 31 - SOLO SHOW - MORNING
WHEN: 10 am - 1 pm
WHERE: The Locals, 11 Waterman Avenue, North Providence, RI 02911

The next morning I'll be splitting the bill with my friend Jenny White, also a great singer/songwriter. Come to brunch and listen to our little Sunday morning tunes ...

So that's March for you. I'm currently thinking of taking it easy for April, but my plans in that direction sometimes don't work out -- I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, have a great month!

So long,