[JakeShows] Just a few shows left in 2013; plus, download a song and help me win a contest

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Wed Nov 6 00:41:59 EST 2013

Hey folks,

Fiat is having a songwriting contest for some reason; one of the genres is country, and I've recorded some country songs, so ...

You can help me win by downloading my song 'Codependent' from their site for free. I think you might need a facebook account to do it. Anyway the link to my song is:

http://reverbnation.com/contests/2414/artist/655788

If you know anyone who might enjoy the song, then please spread the word!

In other news, I had my new album, 'Time To Break Up The Band', mastered on Monday. The folks from Machines with Magnets are going to listen to the mastered version to see if they have any final comments, so this isn't necessarily the final version, but things are progressing nicely ...

And, finally, I've got two shows coming up this weekend, and a couple scheduled for December, and then that's it for 2013, unless any other shows pop up last minute. Here's what I've got:

Saturday November 9 -- w/JOE AUGER in WILLIMANTIC, CT
-------------------
WHEN: 7:30 pm
WHERE: The Bread Box in St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 220 Valley Street, Willimantic, CT
COVER: $10

The Bread Box is a group of individuals committed to fighting hunger by providing a folk music venue that is solely dedicated to collecting food and revenue for The Covenant Soup Kitchen and Food Pantry. I've played here once before and had a great time. The acoustics are as good as you would expect for a good-sized church.

Joe Auger and I will be playing a 45-minute set, opening for a band called the Rosenthals.

Joe and I are happy to give people rides, if anyone from the Providence or Tiverton area is interested in going and could use one -- let me know if you're interested!

Sunday November 10 -- SOLO (SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND)
------------------
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round; the other performers will be Bob Kendall, Carolyn Waters, and Patrick Coman. We'll perform four songs each, one on the theme 'Brown Boots'.

Sunday December 1 -- EMPIRE REVUE
-----------------
WHEN: 8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $8

I'll be playing a song as part of the Empire Revue's holiday show, which is always hilarious!

Wednesday December 4 -- w/JOE AUGER
WHEN: 9 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $6

Daniel Ouellette asked me if I wanted to do a show with him in December, and I said, "Hell yeah!" So I wrote to AS220 to see if they'd be interested in having the show there, and they said, "Hell yeah!"

Also playing will be Joe Auger (who will both accompany me and play a solo set of his own music), and Ian Fitzgerald.

Hey, you know something else that Daniel, Joe, and Ian have in common? They've all been guests on my podcast, 'Tell Me About Your Song', and you can listen to their interviews here: http://www.tumblr.com/blog/yoursongpodcast

I guess that's it for now! I hope you all are adjusting to the return of standard time well.

So long,