[JakeShows] Shows in Providence, Easthampton, and Willimantic

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Oct 15 11:20:30 EDT 2013

Hey all,

This past weekend I finished recording my next album -- very exciting! There's still plenty to do before it's released, but I'm very pleased with what we accomplished; I've got fourteen tracks with some great musicians: Chris Monti, Jeff Keithline, Matt McLaren, Tracie Potochnik, Chris Brooks, Joe Auger, Madeline Hayman, Matt Everett, and Seth Manchester. Crazy!

I should also mention that my podcast, 'Tell Me About Your Song', is going strong -- I've released interviews with songwriters Tracie Potochnik, G.W. Mercure, Allysen Callery, and Daniel Ouellette, and I have a bunch more already recorded that I'm looking forward to releasing. You can subscribe to it in iTunes or on your iPhone or iPad by going to this link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/tell-me-about-your-song/id697893300?mt=2 and you can see the show notes at http://www.tumblr.com/blog/yoursongpodcast .

I've got some great shows coming up this month and in the beginning of next month, too. I'm really excited to return to the Luthier's Co-Op in Easthampton, MA a week from Saturday -- I've played there once before and had a really great time. And in early November I'll be doing my second show at the Bread Box in Willimantic, CT, which I'm also really looking forward to. Good times!

Here's the details:

Thursday October 24 - SOLO SHOW (open mike featured act)
-------------------
WHEN: 7:15 pm
WHERE: Mediator Stage, 50 Rounds Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $3

I'll be the featured act at the Mediator Stage open mike. Signup for the open mike starts at 6:45 pm.

Saturday October 26 -- SOLO SHOW
-------------------
WHEN: 7 pm
WHERE: The Luthier's Co-Op, 108 Cottage Street, Easthampton, MA

I'll play an hour-long set at the Luthier's Co-Op at 7 pm, opening for Small Change and the Goddess Lounge. This is a great venue, a combination luthiers/music store/bar that books great local music with an excellent sound system and sound engineer. I'm really looking forward to this show! I'll be playing for tips.

Saturday November 9 -- w/JOE AUGER
-------------------
WHEN: 7:30 pm
WHERE: The Bread Box, St. Paul's Episcopal Church, 220 Valley Street, Willimantic, CT
COVER: $10

Joe and I will be opening for a band named the Rosenthals. The Bread Box is a music venue located in a converted church -- the acoustics are amazing -- and is owned by the Covenant Soup Kitchen and Emergency Food Pantry; all profits from shows go to support the food pantry. I've played at the Bread Box once before and had a really great time, and I'm looking forward to returning to do a show with Mr. Auger.

Sunday November 10 -- SOLO SHOW - SONGWRITERS IN THE ROUND
WHEN: 6-8 pm
WHERE: AS220, 115 Empire Street, Providence, RI
COVER: $5

I'll be hosting Songwriters in the Round; the other performers will be Bob Kendall, Carolyn Waters, and Patrick Coman. We'll perform four songs each, one on the theme 'Brown Boots'. Come on down to see what we do with the theme, and to help pick the theme that December's songwriters will write about!

So that's what I've got planned for October and November. Hope to see you at one or more of the shows! You can see what else I've got going on by going to http://music.jwgh.org/gigs.html .

So long,