[JakeShows] April shows in Providence and Wakefield

Jacob Haller music at jwgh.org
Tue Apr 1 10:34:18 EDT 2014

Spring is theoretically here! I hope you are all enjoying the theoretical arrival of spring.

Before I get to the shows, I wanted to let you all know about an interesting project that a musician and artist I know is doing.

His name is Will Schaff; he's been in bands like the Eyesores and plays in the What Cheer? Brigade. As an artist, he's got a dark, surrealistic style that reminds me a bit of Tomi Ungerer, and is perhaps best known for designing album covers for Brown Bird, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and other local and national bands.

He's launched a campaign to pay off the mortgage on his studio, and to do it he's selling an awful lot of amazing art. You can see the details here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hold-down-the-fort-saving-fort-foreclosure/x/4729683

For me, the only question was whether I should get the personalized stationery, or if the mail art of the month club was the way to go. But even if you don't want to spend that kind of money, even the $9 playing cards seems like a really good deal to me.

Anyway -- with that plug out of the way, let's get to the shows!

Sunday April 13 - ACOUSTIC KILLDEVILS SHOW
WHEN: 4-7 pm
WHERE: Fête, 103 Dike Street, Providence, RI 02909

Fête is testing the waters, trying to see if there's an appetite for a late afternoon/early evening acoustic series of shows, so I'm hoping that lots of you can make it to this one! Chris and I will be opening for the K.C. Moaners, a great local jug band. We've decided to make this a 'free admission' show, so we will be playing for tips only. Hope to see you there!

Saturday April 19 - SOLO SHOW
WHEN: 11 am-1 pm
WHERE: Java Madness, 134 Salt Pond Road, Wakefield, RI

I'll be playing an acoustic show for tips at this nifty Wakefield coffee shop. The sandwiches are good too!

See you around,